This sweet and sticky Apricot chicken will always satisfy a wholesome home cooked meal craving.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 5 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Chicken Spice
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped finely
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Dried Apricots, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup Apricot Juice
- 1 cup Apricot Jam
- 2 Chicken Stock Sachets
- Fresh Thyme, chopped finely
- Dry, then season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and chicken spice. Heat oil in Pres Les Premium Chefs Pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs to pan, skin side down, and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Remove chicken thighs and set aside.
- Clean pan and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Turn heat to low. Add garlic, ginger and chopped thyme. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add apricot juice, apricot jam, chicken stock sachets, water, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk to combine, bring to the boil briefly then simmer over low heat.
- Add chicken thighs back to skillet, skin side up, and spoon sauce over chicken. Add dried apricot cubes on the top. Make sure not to get the apricot cubes under the chicken thighs as they will burn.
- Put lid of pan on and simmer over low heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Check the dish frequently and spoon sauce over chicken.
- When cooked, remove thighs from pan. Pour sauce into a gravy boat.
- Pour sauce over the chicken thighs when serving.
- Serve with rice, or Lemon and Herb Rice.
Notes: If sauce becomes too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons water.