Protecting Your Access to Information
PRES LES (PTY) LTD
REGISTRATION NUMBER: 1981/003231/07
Pres Les (Pty) Ltd
Manual prepared in accordance with Section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000.
The purpose of the manual is to assist potential requestors as to the procedures to be followed when requesting access to information/documents from Pres Les (Pty) Ltd as contemplated in terms of the Act.
The manual will be amended from time to time and as soon as any amendments have been finalised, the latest version of the manual will be made public.
Any requestor is advised to contact the Company Secretary should he/she require any assistance in respect of the utilization of this manual and/or the requesting of information/documentation from Pres Les (Pty) Ltd.
The following words shall bear the following meaning in the manual:
- “The Act” shall mean the Promotion of Access to Information Act of 2000, together with any Regulations and amendments thereto;
- “The manual” shall mean this manual together with all Annexures as available at the offices of Pres Les (Pty) Ltd;
- “Pres Les (Pty) Ltd” shall mean Pres Les Registration Number 1981/003231/07 a Private Company incorporated in accordance with the laws of South Africa which carries on the business of the direct selling of luxury bedroom and household goods;
- “Information Officer” means the Company Secretary who has been appointed as such to which requests for information in terms of “the Act” should be addressed.
- “SAHRC” means South African Human Rights Commission.
2. Contact Details
- Name of Body: Pres Les (Pty) Ltd
- Information Officer: The Company Secretary (Mr RR Kemmis-Betty)
- Address: Pres Les House, 3 Wilge Road, Claremont, 7708
- Postal Address: Private Bag X4, Glosderry, 7702
- Telephone Number: (021) 672 3100
- Fax Number: (021) 674 4303
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website Address: www.presles.co.za
3. Guide in Terms of Section 10 of the Act
In terms of Section 10 of the Act, a guide will be compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission containing such information as may be required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in terms of the Act. The guide will be made available in all official languages by the SAHRC.
Contact Details as follows:
- Postal Address: PAIA Unit, The Research & Documentation Department, Private Bag 2700, Houghton 2041
- Physical Address: 2nd Floor, Braampark Forum 3, 33 Hoofd Street, Braamfontein 2001
- Telephone Number: (011) 877 3600
- Fax Number: (011) 403 0668
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Address: www.sahrc.org.za
4. Notice(s) in terms of Section 52(2) of the Act (Section 51(1)(c) of the Act
At this stage no notice(s) has/have been published.
5. Information/Documents available in Accordance with other Legislation (Section 51(1)(d) of the Act)
Pres Les keeps information/documents in accordance with the following legislation (please note that this is not an exhaustive list):
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997 (as amended);
- Companies Act 71 of 2008 (as amended);
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Health Diseases Act 130 of 1993 (as amended);
- Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
- Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 (as amended);
- Income Tax Act 95 of 1967 (as amended);
- Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 (as amended);
- National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (as amended);
- Pension Fund Act 24 of 1956 (as amended);
- Skills Development Act 97 of 1998 (as amended);
- Trade Marks Act 194 of 1993 (as amended);
- Unemployment Insurance Act 63 of 2001 (as amended);
- Value Added Tax Act 89 of 1991 (as amended)
6. Documents/Information held by Pres Les in terms of the Act (Section 51(1) (e) of the Act)
- Company/Legal documentation
- Accounting documentation
- Human Resources documentation
- Information Systems documentation
- Sales/Marketing documentation
- Production/Manufacturing documentation
7. Other Information (Section 51(1)(f) of the Act)
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has to date not published any regulation in terms of this Section.
8. Availability of the Manual (Section 51(3) of the Act)
- This manual is available for inspection at the offices of Pres Les, free of charge;
- Copies of the manual may be obtained, subject to the prescribed fees, at the offices of Pres Les;
- The manual can also be accessed on the website of SAHRC (www.sahrc.org.za ) and Pres Les (www.presles.co.za).
REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO RECORD OF PRIVATE BODY
(Section 53(1) of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000
(Act No. 2 of 2000)
Download FORM 2: REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO RECORD
Download FORM 3: OUTCOME OF REQUEST AND OF FEES PAYABLE
A. PARTICULARS OF PRIVATE BODY
B. PARTICULARS OF PERSON REQUESTING ACCESS TO THE RECORD
- The particulars of the person who requests access to the record must be given below.
- The address and/or fax number in the Republic to which the information is to be sent must be given.
- Proof of the capacity in which the request is made, if applicable, must be attached.
- Full names and surname
- Identity number
- Postal address
- Fax number
- E-mail address:
- Telephone number
- Capacity in which request is made, when made on behalf of another person
C. PARTICULARS OF PERSON ON WHOSE BEHALF REQUEST IS MADE
This section must be completed ONLY if a request for information is made on behalf of another person.
- Full names and surname
- Identity number
D. PARTICULARS OF RECORD
- Provide full particulars of the record to which access is requested, including the reference number if that is known to you, to enable the record to be located.
- If the provided space is inadequate, please continue on a separate folio and attach it to this form. The person requesting must sign all the additional folios.
- Description of record or relevant part of the record
- Reference number, if available
- Any further particulars of record
- A request for access to a record, other than a record containing personal information about yourself, will be processed only after a request fee has been paid.
- You will be notified of the amount required to be paid as the request fee.
- The fee payable for access to a record depends on the form in which access is required and the reasonable time required to search for and prepare a record.
- If you qualify for exemption of the payment of any fee, please state the reason for exemption.
- Reason for exemption from payment of fees
F. FORM OF ACCESS TO RECORD
If you are prevented by a disability to read, view or listen to the record in the form of access provided for in 1 to 4 hereunder, state your disability and indicate in which form the record is required.
- Form in which record is required
- Compliance with your request in the specified form may depend on the form in which the record is available.
- Access in the form requested may be refused in certain circumstances. In such a case you will be informed if access will be granted in another form.
- The fee payable for access for the record, if any, will be determined partly by the form in which access is requested.
Please mark how you’d like to receive your access to the record, with X...
- If the record is in written or printed form:
- Copy of record
- Inspection of record
- If the record consists of visual images (this includes photographs, slides, video recordings, computer-generated images, sketches, etc.)
- View the images
- Copy of the images*
- Transcription of the images*
- If record consists of recorded words or information which can be reproduced in sound:
- Listen to the soundtrack audio cassette
- Transcription of soundtrack* written or printed document
- If record is held on computer or in an electronic or machine-readable form:
- Printed copy of information derived from the record*
- Copy in computer-readable format (flash drive, cloud-sharing or compact disc)
If you requested a copy or transcription of a record (above), do you wish the copy or transcription to be posted to you? YES/NO
Please note postage is payable.
G. PARTICULARS OF RIGHT TO BE EXERCISED OR PROTECTED
If the provided space is inadequate, please continue on a separate folio and attach it to this form. The requester must sign all the additional folios.
- Indicate which right is to be exercised or protected
- Explain why the record requested is required for the exercise or protection of the aforementioned right
H. NOTICE OF DECISION REGARDING REQUEST FOR ACCESS
You will be notified in writing whether your request has been approved/denied. If you wish to be informed in another manner, please specify the manner and provide the necessary particulars to enable compliance with your request.
How would you prefer to be informed of the decision regarding your request for access to the record?
Signed at…………………………… This……………… day of…………………………20………
SIGNATURE OF REQUESTER / PERSON ON WHOSE BEHALF REQUEST IS MADE
Please click here to download a PDF version of the Government Gazette for a schedule of fees chargeable.