(Customer/ Consultant Centric)
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY PRES LES
Pres Les will only collect the personal information needed to transact as a business, using lawful and fair means. The processing of personal information includes the gathering as well as combining it with other personal information. The information collected and processed for various purposes includes:
Customer contact information: Name, Surname, ID/Passport number, telephone numbers, address etc. when purchasing our products and when applying for credit;
Payment information: Information about your method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit or other payment information;
Financial information: Details including salary advice, bank statements, monthly expenses as well as other information required when applying for credit;
Fraud prevention information: Information used to help identify and prevent fraud such as bank account or employee confirmations;
Registering as a Pres Les sales consultant: Name, Surname, ID/Passport number, telephone numbers, address, race (only for statistical purposes) etc.;
Payment information: Information about affecting payments to you, such as bank account details or other payment information;
Fraud prevention information: Information used to help identify and prevent fraud such as bank account confirmations;
Company events: Information used to host and enable the attending of company events such as Name, Surname, ID/Passport, Medical clearance certification etc. may be required;
Recording of calls: We may record and monitor any telephone calls that you make to us.
Publicly available: We may also collect publicly available personal information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Pres Les may receive your personal information from other sources such as individuals, businesses, third parties or other lawful sources acting at your direction. They interact with us and provide information to enable the selling and delivering of our products and assist us in security and fraud prevention.
At your direction
You may direct Pres Les or a Pres Les Sales Consultant to share information about you – for example when purchasing a product on credit, you may provide personal information to the consultant such as your contact details, salary advice and monthly expenses etc.
As a Pres Les Sales Consultant, if you disclose any information of another individuals to us, you are required to have secured the appropriate consent of that individual for disclosing information to us.
Pres Les may validate the information you provide with a third-party Credit Bureau to assess credit qualifications.
Information from Third Party Sources
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pres Les may use or store the following personal information such as your name, address, phone numbers, email address, date of birth, employment, banking details, Cookie selection, demographic information, account decisions:
- To provide you with the products and service support you request;
- To send you information about your interactions or transactions with us – as well as important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Due to the importance of this information to you and your interaction with Pres Les, you may not opt out of receiving these notifications;
- To validate sales made by Pres Les Sales Consultants;
- To help Consultants and for Pres Les compliance purposes, search for, communicate with and validate other Consultants and Customers in our systems;
- To send you marketing information about products, services and promotions as consented to us by you, unless you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing information;
- To enable us to recover any debt owed to us;
- To investigate, curtail or prevent fraud, or other commercial crimes or ill intent towards Pres Les;
- To comply with the applicable law, for example to satisfy tax or reporting obligations, B-BBEE reporting requirements, or to comply with a lawful governmental request;
- To send surveys and questionnaires to you.
Pres Les does not use your personal information or data to profile you to make any decisions that would significantly affect you without the opportunity for human review.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pres Les commits to retain and store your personal information in a confidential and responsible manner and will only share it, if you have consented thereto or, where we are compelled by legislation to do so, as detailed below:
- Pres Les may use and share information with marketing agencies, to suppliers, affiliates, debt collectors, payment system providers, third party service providers, credit bureaus, Pres Les employees or affiliates and through links on our website;
- Pres Les may also be required to share personal information to regulatory or governmental institutions, SARS, Labour authorities, Unions and by the operation of Law both locally and internationally;
- Pres Les may share personal information in circumstances where you have elected the “opt-in” provision;
- Pres Les may share your personal information with any other third party were permitted by you or in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
- COMMUNICATION TO YOU
Pres Les can communicate with you via email, postal mail, text messages (SMS), telephone calls, WhatsApp or other means on a regular basis to provide requested products or services and/or in regard to issues relating to your purchase from Pres Les (if you are a Customer) or your Pres Les business (if you are a Consultant).
- PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN AND SPECIAL PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should Pres Les have access to personal information regarding children, we will only process such information with the express consent of a parent or guardian or as permitted by POPIA.
In addition, we will only process special personal information as provided for in POPIA, for example, race, trade union membership, religious provisions, etc.
Pres Les uses “Cookies” on our website. Cookies enable us to provide you with an enhanced service, tailoring information particular to your specific interest or likes. Should you not want information collected in this manner we urge you to decline this facility.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pres Les uses administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information, taking into consideration the nature of the personal data, the processing thereof, and the potential threats posed. We are constantly working to improve these safeguards to help keep your personal information secure.
Should you establish that the security of any of your personal information has been compromised or breached, we would appreciate you contacting us immediately, to support and address your concerns promptly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0860 773 753.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
When assessing retention periods, we first, carefully examine whether it is necessary to retain the personal information collected and if retention is required, then work to retain the personal information for the shortest period permissible under law.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
We urge you to advise us of any changes to your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com or 0860 773 753.
- CROSS-BORDER FLOW OF INFORMATION
Pres Les may need to transfer your personal information to other countries for business purposes or business operations. By interacting with us and providing us with your personal information, you consent to our transferring your information to such countries when and so needed.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
To ensure your personal information is safe and secure with Pres Les, we also communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Pres Les employees, Sales Consultants and other third party suppliers or vendors, and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Should you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0860 773 753.