This colourful, crunchy and high protein 3 Bean Salad salad is perfect as a side dish for any weekday dinner, or a 7-colour Sunday lunch!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 can or 2 cups freshly cooked cranberry/borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can or 2 cups freshly cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can or 2 cups freshly cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, sliced and chopped into quarters
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed, fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salad onions, sliced, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon/ orange juice
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix the 3 beans and all the chopped salad ingredients.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the beans to soak up the flavour of the dressing. Serve chilled and garnish with sliced salad onions.