To spruce up your weekday mealtimes, opt for themed centerpiece décor. A few candles at the table can also add a wonderful ambiance to an evening at home with those you hold dear.
For a basic table setting:
- Lay placemats at every chair, directly on the table. Placemats are designed to preserve and protect tabletops from food spills, heat stains and watermarks, and should be used for even the most informal mealtimes to protect surfaces.
- Position the dinner plates neatly on top of the placemats.
- Place the fork to the left of the dinner plate.
- Place the knife to the right of the dinner plate and then place the spoon to the right of the knife.
- Place the drinking glass above the knife in the top right corner, on top of coasters (to protect the table from watermarks).
- Place the serviettes to the left of the dinner plate, so that the fork sits on top. Serviettes can also be placed on top of the dinner plate.
Browse the Pres Les Living In Style range here to view our selection of fine quality tableware.