There’s nothing quite as comforting as warm fresh bread. Here is our Pres Les Pressure Cooker recipe for Garlic “Dombolo” Steamed Bread
Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 mins minimum (depending on rising times)
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 2 hours
Servings: +- 6
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 5g instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Warm water
- 1 liquid stock sachet- beef
- 1 cup cold water
- Pres Les Pressure Cooker
- Metal Ramekins
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the sugar, salt and yeast and chopped garlic and whisk with a hand whisk until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add enough warm (not boiling) water to make a dough. Add extra flour or water as needed. The dough should come into a ball without being so wet it sloshes around the bowl or so dry that flour is left unincorporated.
- Knead the bread for 10-20 minutes until it stretches when pulled apart, as opposed to breaking.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Place the bowl somewhere warm to rise until doubled in size.
- Remove the cling wrap and punch bread down to distribute the air bubbles.
- Roll bread into a log and slice into as many slices as you wish to make into rolls.
- Grease the ramekins thoroughly with oil or butter.
- Roll the bread into balls and place in metal ramekins or pudding moulds. Leave to rise again until doubled in size.
- Add 1 cup cold water and beef stock sachet to the Pressure Cooker and place 1 layer of the rolls in the metal ramekins inside. Dot stack them or overcrowd the Pressure Cooker.
- Close the Pressure Cooker lid and set to high pressure over high heat. Wait until the pressure pin rises and the pressure point has been reached before lowering the heat to low.
- Cook the bread rolls in the Pressure Cooker for 25 minutes.
- Perform a Quick Pressure Release and remove the ramekins from the Pressure Cooker, and the rolls from the ramekins.
Serve warmed, with butter.